2. Organizational structure
The structure organization of the Example Company is divided into three levels:
- upper management,
- divisions, led by division managers,
- departments, led by heads of department.
In principle, the Upper Management has the following tasks, competencies and responsibilities:
- Performing the statutory management tasks in accordance with the law.
- Judicial and extrajudicial representation of the company.
- Deadline for filing for insolvency.
- Collection of information on all relevant and economic circumstances.
- Submission of the monthly wage tax and turnover tax advance returns.
- Ensuring and monitoring proper bookkeeping and accounting, as well as the preparation of the annual financial statements.
- Ensuring that the company fulfils its obligations towards the social insurance institutions. Here above all:
- Retention of contributions to health insurance, pension insurance and unemployment insurance and payment to the social insurance carriers,
- Registration of employees with the employers' liability insurance association.
The Division Managers basically have the following tasks, competencies and responsibilities:
- Organization of their own area of responsibility and ensuring the proper performance of their duties in compliance with all legal and other normative requirements as well as contractual framework conditions.
- Defining the organization of the departments of the division in consultation with the heads of the departments.
- Determining the cooperation within one's own area of responsibility and coordination with other lines as well as cooperation with representatives/special function holders and, if necessary, external persons.
- Responsibility for the proper use of the working hours of employees, if necessary ordering overtime in compliance with legal and operational requirements.
- Supervision of the work of the subordinate employees and compliance with specified or agreed deadlines and costs.
- Ensuring the organization and execution of the fixed on-call services of the departments of the division.
- Approval of leave, compensation for the time off of subordinate employees and initiation of reporting of leave and sick leave.
- Approval and checking of business trips and their accounting within the scope of personnel responsibility.
- Employees must be managed in such a way that their qualifications and initiative are of optimum benefit to the company.
Head of Department
The Heads of Departments basically have the following tasks, competences and responsibilities:
- Organization of the department in coordination with the Division Manager, in particular
- Decide on the distribution of tasks within the department,
- Determine the work objectives of the subordinates,
- Determine collaboration with internal and external parties.
- Decide on the deployment of subordinates and define work processes.
- Responsible for the proper use of employees' working time, ordering overtime if necessary in accordance with legal and operational requirements, and confirming the information in employees' payroll forms.
- Organize and perform the specified on-call duties of the department.
- Supervising the work of the subordinate employees and adherence to specified or agreed deadlines and costs.
- Drawing up a vacation plan for the specialist area, approving vacation, compensating time off for the department, and initiating the reporting of vacation and sick leave times.
- Approve and check business trips and their accounting as part of personnel responsibility.
- Documenting the tasks of the employees subordinate to him in job descriptions and regularly checking these for correctness and completeness.
- Submitting proposals to the responsible Division Manager with regard to
- personnel planning (personnel requirements, training and further education measures),
- the transfer or dismissal of employees,
- the change in the valuation of positions and regrouping of subordinates as well as the granting of bonuses and allowances.
- Contributing to the recruitment of new employees, assessing the professional and personal suitability of applicants, and submitting recruitment proposals to the division manager.
- Proposals for the annual business plan as well as medium-term planning and responsibility for compliance with the approved planning approaches within the specialist area.
- Responsible for the regular and adequate provision of safety briefings to employees in the department.
- Monitoring the performance of the tasks of occupational health and safety, accident prevention and environmental protection by the employees subordinate to it in the form of random checks, which must be documented.