18. Training and Development
Training and Development Policy
The Company aims to provide training opportunities which will provide:
- An induction programme which all staff will be required to undertake and will assist staff settling into their new role/job.
- A progressive training and development scheme to enable staff to develop, relevant skills and acquire knowledge to underpin their current role and career aspirations.
Personal Development Planning
The Company has a Personal Development Planning Scheme. The aims and purposes of the Scheme are:
- To help managers and staff to make effective arrangements to identify and meet learning needs
- To develop the skills, knowledge, values and behaviour that staff need to do their current jobs well
PDP - The Process
There are 3 stages in the process:
- Preparation – where you and your manager prepare separately for the interview using the appropriate documentation.
- The Personal Development Plan Discussion – where a personal development plan is agreed by you and your manager.
- Monitor & Review – the method and timescale for monitoring should be agreed at the discussion stage and implemented throughout the year.
The Personal Development Planning documentation is available from your line manager.